Ancient Civilisations in Turkey
DAY 01 HOME - ISTANBUL
• Arrival inIstanbul. Transfer to the Hotel. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 02 ISTANBUL
• Full daytour of Istanbul;the Blue Mosque,St SophiaandHippodrome. Lunch at Topkapı Palace Restaurant. Continuation of tour ofTopkapı Palaceand shopping in the Grand Bazaar. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 03 ISTANBUL / ANKARA 450 km (6h 30min.)
• In the morning excursion by boat on the Bosphorus with stops. Lunch. Afternoon coach ride to Ankara. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 04 ANKARA / CAPPADOCIA 270 km (4h 00min.)
• Morning tour ofAnkaraincluding the Mausoleum ofAtatürk, and the Ancient civilizations Museum. Lunch and afternoon coach ride to Cappadocia. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 05 CAPPADOCIA
• Tour of the Byzantine era rock churches of Göreme the village of Uçhisar with its houses clustered around a rock pinnacle. Lunch en route. Afternoon tour of Zelve Valley and Avanos Village. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 06 CAPPADOCIA
• Morning visit of the underground city of Kaymaklı, where Christians hid themselves at the Time of Arab invasions. Lunch. Tour of Ortahisar and shopping at the markets of Cappadocia. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 07 CAPPADOCIA / KONYA 220 km (3h 00min.)
• Drive to Konya, on the way visit the Caravanserai of Sultanhanı. Lunch in Konya. Afternoon tour of Konya, the former Seljuk Capital, Mausoleum of Mevlana (who founded the sect of whirling Dervishes) The Karatay Medrese and Ince Minare Mosque. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 08 KONYA / ANTALYA 300 km (4h 15min.)
• Drive through the Beautiful Taurus Mountains in the direction to the South. Lunch en route. Arrival in Antalya. City sightseeing covering the Hadrian us Gate and the old city. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 09 ANTALYA
• Full day city tour of the ancient cities of Perge, Aspendos with its theatre and Side. Lunch at Manavgat Dinner and overnight.
DAY 10 ANTALYA / DENIZLI 220 km (3h 00min.)
• Departure for Denizli. Arriving in Pamukkale, the Cotton Castle named after the white petrified Cascade of basins. Tour of the ruins ofHierapolis. Lunch at the Hotel. Afternoon free at thermal Baths of Hierapolis. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 11 DENIZLI / KUŞADASI 200 km (3h 00 min.)
• Departure forKuşadasi, on the way visiting Ephesus, the former capital of the Roman Province Of Asia: Odeon, Temple of Hadrian, theatre, the Marble Road. Lunch in Selçuk. Afternoon excursion to St John Basilica and the last abode of Virgin Mary. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 12 KUŞADASI / IZMIR / BURSA 440 km (6h 00min.)
• Drive toPergamum. Visiting the ruins of Acropolis, the theatre, the altar of Zeus and Asclepion Lunch in Bergama. Afternoon coach ride to Bursa. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 13 BURSA / ISTANBUL 240 km (3h 30min.)
• In the morning tour of Bursa, the former Capital of Ottoman Empire; the Green Mausoleum the Green Mosque, richly decorated with tiles the Great Mosque with twenty domes. Lunch during the tour. Departure for Istanbul. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 14 ISTANBUL
• The whole day free at your leisure on half board basis. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 15 ISTANBUL / HOME
• Transfer to the airport and assistance for departure
SERVICES PROVIDED WITH THE PROGRAMS
• Transfers on arrival and departures
• Accommodation in double or single bedded rooms at selected category hotels
• All the meals as per indicated in the program
• Air conditioned pullman vehicle throughout the tour
• All the visits and excursions as per indicated in the program
• Services of a professional foreign language speaking guide throughout the tour
• Entrance fees to historical sites and museums
• All the taxes, service charges and tips
• One gratuity for every 25 paying participants
Please note that tour package prices on different group sizes and based on different hotel categories throughout the tour will be quoted upon request.
At Kusadasi Harbour, Istanbul Harbour and Izmir Harbour.
Dear customers, we are pleased to arrange your dream tours for you. When you arrive at Kusadasi Harbour,Istanbul Harbour and Izmir Harbour.
After you get off the cruise, you will pass through the passport control and will see the shopping areas.
20-40 meter away, you will see the coaches/buses of the travel agents.
On that area, you will see Peninsula Tours guides with your name sign and the agency logo sign tables who is showing it.
We hope will be wonderful shore tour for you by Peninsula.